Saturday, November 13, 2010

Healing or Ceremonial Knitting Commissions

If you are asking to have a healing or ceremonial knitting project completed on your behalf, here are some things that you need to know.  You will be invited to share why this piece is important to you.  What brought you to asking for a healing piece? You will be encouraged to share what colours, textures, images, smells, tastes are comforting and healing to you.

When there is a healing piece being created, I work with my helping spirits, and they guide me through the process, often giving me a story that goes along with the piece that is being created especially for you.

The piece in this photo was created especially for a young woman who was going into surgery.  The surgery was to help improve her airways to help her breathe.  The images for this poncho came through very clearly when I journeyed to my helping spirits to find the story.  A bright sun, for healing light.  The wind swirling towards a tree, the tree open and clear to receiving the wind as breathe.  The lyrics from a Michelle Branch song kept coming through too.  "If I just breathe, every little piece of me, you'll see, everything is alright.  Breathe, let it fill the space between, you'll see, everything is alright.  If I just breathe."  I sang this song as I created this poncho. The poncho was delivered to the young woman's grandmother, and she was visibly moved as I explained the meanings and symbols on this poncho.

When you contact me requesting a piece, the first thing that I will do is journey to ask my helping spirits if I am the right person to create a healing piece for you.  I will ask if that is what is needed, because perhaps there will be a better way for you to receive what you need.  If I am shown a piece to be created for you, then I will give you the information that I have received, and we will discuss what direction to take at that time.

During this discussion about your piece, an estimate of the final cost will be presented to you. If the piece is commissioned, the deposit will be half of the estimated cost. This deposit is non-refundable. The final cost will never exceed the estimate, though it may be less.

To commission a knitted piece, please visit:


I look forward to sharing beauty and joy as we create dreams together.

No comments:

Post a Comment